Home » Objectives
- To increase the active participation of socially, economically, politically, educationally most backward Dalit Community in the mainstream of national development by preserving and augmenting their fundamental rights provisioned in the prevalent law and constitution.
- To create the environment favorable to Dalit community to enjoy the equal rights, self-esteem, services and privileges as equal as other social groups in the Nepal''s human development index.
Strategy for Attaining the Objective
- Amending existing legal provisions to eliminate the age-old caste-based discrimination and untouchability
- Pressurizing state to establish the necessary mechanism for effectively implementing the national and international law against caste-based discrimination.
- Conducting awareness programmes at the grass root level to eliminate caste-based discrimination and untouchability completely.
- Influencing the policies of the state for modernizing and managing the market for traditional occupation of Dalit community for the development of economic status.
- Implementing free and compulsory education for Dalit Community in the bid of "Education for All".
- Influencing political parties and their leaders to make Dalit community friendly as these are prime drive of the state in multi-party democratic system of government.
- Campaigning for legal, political and socio-cultural orientation for ensuring the proportional participation of Dalit community at all levels and organs of the state.
- Providing advisory support to the government in formulation of the necessary policies to empower Dalit community politically, economically, socially and economically.